Training For My First Sprint Distance Triathlon
- Fits exactly for the individual who wants to try for the first time a Sprint Distance Triathlon
- For someone who has basic knowledge for open water swimming, running road races and road cycling
- For non-drafting races
- Approximate training hours 5-9 per week, according to training phase
- Variable training intensity with hard / easy training days to ensure best possible performance
- A small segment focuses specifically on swimming/ running / cycling proficiency, trying to improve skill & fitness
- The triathlon training terminology of coaching is explained and used extensively
- The duration – 12 weeks
- This training suggestion does not aim to fix, cure, or restore illnesses or diseases or other pre-existing medical conditions
- Training by Exercise Physiologist / Level II ITU Certified Triathlon Coach Kypros Nicolaou, MA, B.Sc.,(multiple Ironman Finisher himself )
- Plenty of Health & Fitness factors are taken under consideration.
- A doctor’s OK is advisable, before engaging in such a demanding training plan.