Training for my 1st Half Ironman Triathlon
- For an athlete trying the Half- Ironman distance for the first time
- Must have completed 3-4 Olympic distance Triathlons
- Hours spend training, anywhere from 9-14 according to the training phase
- Specific time allocated for each discipline with a focus on skill/sport
- Half Ironman distance means specific distance training and correct intensities
- Terminology of coaching is explained and used extensively
- This training suggestion does not aim to fix, cure, or restore illnesses or diseases or other pre-existing medical conditions
- Duration of this training plan is 16 weeks, with a test simulation triathlon embedded
- Designed by Exercise Physiologist / Level II ITU Certified Triathlon Coach Kypros Nicolaou, MA, B.Sc., ( multiple Ironman Finisher )
- Under consideration many Health & Fitness factors, before releasing this training suggestion.
- A doctor’s OK is a must before engaging in such a time consuming and demanding training plan.